Client: Couple with young grandchildren
Brief: To create an area that was safe and useable for both adults to relax in and young children to play in. The existing area was un-usable and included very steep steps and a high wall that took up a lot of space between the car parking area and the lower level paved area. The garden design was originally created by Tim Austen Designs.
- The steep steps we removed and the high retaining wall was lowered. This area was dug out to at least a depth of 2 meters to create more useable space.
- A new gradual sloping pathway with incorporated steps was created. The path was finished with Ballylusk stone & dust and the steps were clad with grey Limestone paving.
- The patio area was paved using yellow Limestone paving.
- Walls were rendered and capped with Granite stones.
- A small area was laid with artificial grass to give a play area for grandchildren.
- 2 benches were built into the walls and clad using Iroko timber.
- 2 specimen Acer trees were planted and the patio area was finished off with some potted plants and lighting.